This February, the 2020 Progressive® Insurance Miami International Boat Show, presented by West Marine will once again return to Miami Marine Stadium Park and Basin over President’s Day weekend, February 13-17. The world-renowned event is one of the most internationally attended and influential boat shows in the world, boasting over 1,400 boats and yachts in the show’s custom-made marina, and attracting nearly 100,000 people to the Magic City to enjoy the boating lifestyle on an island oasis.
This year, the annual Miami Boat Show will introduce a handful of new initiatives and activations, while also building on successful programs from the 2019 Show. A key theme peppered throughout all aspects of the Show this year, will be a renewed commitment to sustainability and the role people can play in keeping our water and land clean. Key Show enhancements include:
MIAMI BOAT SHOW COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY
- A bigger and better partnership with Costa Sunglasses to present the Costa Conservation Village to showcase the work of some of Florida’s leading environmental organizations, such as, the Coastal Conservation Association, Captains for Clean Water, and Costa’s Kick Plastic program, which aims to reduce the use of single-use plastic that pollutes waterways.
- In an effort to expand and enhance Costa’s Kick Plastic program, the Show will have more water fill stations and sell eco-friendly reusable water bottles to increase the 86,000 ounces of water served last year aiming to reduce more single-use plastic water bottles.
- Pepsi will be introducing 12oz aluminum cans for Aquafina Gatorade which will help in further reducing single-use plastic at the Show.
- Sustainable seafood will also be a hot topic this year. Taking place at Conservation Village, Chef Allen Susser will conduct presentations about a variety of topics pertaining to seafood, the ocean and sustainability. The James Beard Award-Winning Chef, will also conduct interactive, spice mixing classes, light cooking demos and share recipes from his new cookbook, Green Fig and Lionfish: Sustainable Caribbean Cooking
- The implementation of a comprehensive transportation plan offering several options for consumers to get to and from Miami Marine Stadium with ease continues to improve each year with more than a million dollars invested to help consumers take free transportation options to drop them directly inside the Show.
- Multiple park-and-ride locations, free water taxi and shuttle bus services, and easy-to-navigate public transportation options. Check out our new transportation video to learn more.
- Those coming from Ft. Lauderdale and Palm Beach can hop aboard the Brightline Virgin Train and come to the Miami Boat Show with a free Shuttle from the station! Use Code, MIBS20, to receive a 25% discount on select train tickets.
- A new Miami Boat Show app will provide seamless integration with smartphones to provide real-time water taxi updates for Show attendees via RaftUp Technologies.
- A special shuttle bus route from The Ritz Carlton, Key Biscayne, to help more local residents enjoy the Show.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- An all-inclusive, VIP luxury retreat within the show adorned with unparalleled views of downtown Miami and a relaxing beach component.
- Wining and dining at one of four full-service, sit down restaurants at the Show including: Latin Café, V&E Restaurant Group Showcasing menu items from Havana 1957 & La Cerveceria De Barrio, Moet and Chandon featuring Sushi Maki and SuViche featuring select menu items from Novecento.
SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE
- Learn boating basics or hone your skills from the experts at Boat US. Sign up for one of the many seminars and classes on precision docking, boating basics and much, much more!
- Take advantage of more than 200 Sea Trial opportunities at this year’s Show. Book your trial to take the boat of your dreams out for a spin on the open water with the beautiful Miami skyline as your backdrop.
- Launch of the Junior Captains Program from the Annapolis School of Seamanship, where kids ages 13-17 can learn how to operate a boat.
- Launch of a new Miami International Boat Show IGTV Channel to showcase sneak peeks and must-see exhibits at the 2020 Show.
The 2020 Progressive® Insurance Miami International Boat Show promises an experience like no other. Shop the latest models in both power and sail, while experiencing firsthand what the boating lifestyle is all about.
For more information and to stay up to date on all Miami Boat Show news, please visit
www.MiamiBoatShow.com and get social with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram tagging @MiamiBoatShow and #MiamiBoatShow.
About Progressive® Insurance Miami International Boat Show
The Progressive Insurance Miami International Boat Show is produced by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), the world’s largest producer of boat and sportshows and the leading association representing the recreational boating industry. NMMA member companies produce more than 80 percent of the boats, engines, trailers, accessories and gear used by boaters and anglers throughout the U.S. and Canada. The association is dedicated to industry growth through programs in public policy advocacy, market statistics and research, product quality assurance and promotion of the boating lifestyle. For more information, visit www.nmma.org